PZ-2000 XYZ Series Automated Stage with Piezo Z-Axis Top Plate
About the PZ-2000 XYZ
The PZ-2000 XYZ stage has been specifically designed to provide a high resolution, and highly repeatable, means of controlling the X, Y, and Z position of the microscope stage. The XY axes derive their precise control through the use of closed-loop DC servomotors employing high-resolution rotary encoders for positioning feedback. By using closed-loop control for the stage position, there is no chance that the stage will become lost, as can occur with open-loop micro-stepped stages after a number of moves and direction changes. The XY stage utilizes crossed-roller slides, high-precision lead screws, and zero-backlash miniature geared DC servomotors for smooth and accurate motion. The top plate of the stage accepts standard K-size slide inserts that are available for any sample, i.e., slides, petri dishes, multi-well plates, etc. The slide insert is moved in the Z-axis via a piezo element with a range of 150 μm with nanometer accuracy (300 μm and 00 μm range is also available). By moving the sample in the Z-plane, any objective can be used, eliminating twisting wires or needed spacers as required when a piezo element is put onto a single objective. The microprocessor-controlled MS-2000 control unit provides for RS-232 and USB communication with a host computer for control of the XYZ axes.
PZ-2000 XYZ Features
- Closed-loop control of the X, Y, and Z-axes for precise positioning and highly repeatable focusing.
- Wide dynamic speed range with adjustable trapezoidal move profiles.
- Smooth adjustable dual-range joystick control.
- Backlit LCD display shows X, Y, and Z coordinates “Zero” and “Home” button for simple stand-alone operations.
- Compact ergonomic tabletop control unit size is 6”D x 9”W x 3”H (9 cm x 23 cm x 16.5 cm). Rack mount controller with stand-alone joystick is also available.
- Proven operation with many popular software packages.
- Travel range will scan full well plate in most circumstances.
ADEPT Piezo Controller Specifications
|Piezo Travel Range (+/- 5%)||150 μm||300 μm||500 μm|
|Piezo smallest move / resolution*||2.2 nm||4.5 nm||7.6 nm|
|Maximum Load for full range travel||2 kg||1 kg||1 kg|
|Transient Response time**||11 – 15 ms|
|External Analog input (BNC)||0 – 10 V|
|Maximum Input Frequency||20 Hz|
|Maximum Continuous Output Current||13 mA|
**Time taken to travel 10%-90% for moves below 30% travel range with 600 grams load.
*In external input mode, use of a higher bit DAC will increase resolution. For example a 0-10 analog voltage from the DAC results in the following:
|External Analog Input||Steps||Resolution|
|16 Bit DAC||65536||2.2 nm|
|17 Bit DAC||131075||1.1 nm|
|18 Bit DAC||262144||0.55 nm|